ARmod alpha (previously shadermod)

General Art Rev talk goes here.
(No bugreports, no feature requests, no fun!)

ARmod alpha (previously shadermod)

Postby Jorzi » 29 Oct 2011, 02:05

I uploaded the latest version of my mod to our sourceforge repository, now under the name ARmod alpha, as suggested by Mangust. The idea is that it will be merged with AR, so you are therefore free to modify it as you like, as well as including your own models.
Jorzi
Artist
Artist

Re: ARmod alpha (previously shadermod)

Postby MaNGusT » 29 Oct 2011, 08:13

nice, thank you. I'm currently in testing phase(scale, bugs, connectors), adjusting models to include em into the mod. :) and still quite busy with my work :(
ImageImage

P.S. Sorry for my English.
MaNGusT
Artist
Artist

Postby Jorzi » 05 Nov 2011, 15:28

I was wondering about this one thing:
The problem with having the mod as a .wz is that you cannot edit the files it contains; you can only overwrite the file.
I recently made some small changes to some of the textures (inverted hardpoint normal map x-axis, fixed tower specmap etc.) and now I essentially need to reupload the whole mod.
The alternative would be uploading all files separately into their respective folders, but with the current sourceforge file manager interface, that seems to be a royal pain in the butt.
Any ideas on how to this in a good way?

Edit: Just realized: We have an SVN repository :D Let's use it ;)
I just uploaded all my latest files there.
Jorzi
Artist
Artist

Postby Jorzi » 06 Nov 2011, 05:01

Quoted from my pm to mangust, a small tutorial on how to use svn:

SVN can seem confusing at first, but it's quick to learn and really handy :wink:

First: install tortoiseSVN. http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html
(You'll have to restart your computer)
TortoiseSVN is a program, but you don't run it by double-clicking the .exe. Instead it is a shell extension that adds more options when you right-click on folders or files in windows.

-To get started, make a new folder wherever you want (you can even place it in the mods folder in warzone to run it directly) and call it Artrev_Alpha (or whatever you like to call it, doesn't affect others)

-Now right click on the folder and select "SVN checkout"
-In the field "URL of repository" paste in https://artrev2100.svn.sourceforge.net/ ... artrev2100
-Leave other options as they are and press ok
-It should now download everything and make a local copy of the repository

-The folder now has two new options: update and commit. Update will download all the changes from the main repository into your folder, while commit will upload all your changes to the main repo.

-When committing, a file selection window will appear where you can select which files you want to upload. All changed files will be pre-selected, while new files have to be manually selected for inclusion into SVN.
-You'll have to use your sourceforge login to make the commit.
Last edited by MaNGusT on 06 Nov 2011, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed repo link
Jorzi
Artist
Artist

Return to Development