Models by macuser

General Art Rev talk goes here.
(No bugreports, no feature requests, no fun!)

Re: Models by macuser

Postby yahodahan » 28 Jul 2010, 21:46

Umm...this has me a little pissed off.

That wall is actually mine. Modified slightly (removed a lot of polygons, mine was higher poly).

But unarguably my original work, with no credit. It's even the exact same texture.

Yes, I absolutely would love people to take the model's I've made and posted, and tear 'em apart, change 'em, use 'em for anything you like. Very happy to help :) However, it's just not even remotely cool to take someone's work, do some basic changes, and call it your own. Which is what this is.

I'm really not trying to restrain the use of the model/etc, I just don't enjoy seeing other's work go uncredited, and since this happened to be my own, it hit a special button and so I'm ranting away up on my soapbox. Please credit original authors...as un-altruistic as it may be, we all enjoy to get recognition for our work, and it encourages us to keep on giving, so that you can keep on getting :)

Anywho, I'd appreciate it if the post were updated to include the proper info, thanks!
yahodahan

Postby Macuser » 29 Jul 2010, 09:03

sorry thing is that the main discussion was sorta moved here from wz2100.net (where it was mentioned) http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5340 however i will add that to my first post ;) . Actually however I redid the walls from scratch (the models that is) and am using the orig textures) But thnx for speaking up.
Macuser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MaNGusT » 30 Jul 2010, 18:42

ImageImage

P.S. Sorry for my English.
MaNGusT
Artist
Artist

Postby yahodahan » 06 Aug 2010, 22:02

Erm...sorry to come out like a giant d*&k on that, seriously. I think there were multiple unrelated things that had been piling up, and somehow this bore the brunt of it all...anywho, sorry to come down on the topic for no real reason. Lol, was in such a tizzy that I only now thought to check back for replies, haha.

So I hope the project is going great :D One day still I intend to rebuild WZ2100 from scratch, in a next gen engine, but completely loyal to the original...one day...

If there's an admin, feel free to delete the post, don't wanna derail the actual topic. :)

PS great to see the original walls, at least in game for one screenshot!!! :D (made my day)
yahodahan

Previous

Return to Development